Sunday, May 27, 2007

Money....

I'm stuck and I don't know what to do...

My plan before I came to Sorrento was to be here for a month and then I would take a week and do a lil more traveling before I came back to the States. After I booked my ticket I realized that my program was 4 weeks, not one month, therefore since there are five weeks in the month of may, the program ends on the 26th of May, leaving me now with two weeks of travel. At first I was excited about this oppurtunity, and looked at my money and figured I had more then enough money to get by. Since I was living with a family and would not have much of a social life, I probably would spend less money traveling then I do in Los Angeles. This unfortunatley was not my reality. Not only is Sorrento an expensive place, I expected to eat the majority of my meals with my Italian family but aside from my breakfast of coffee and toast ( this is standard italian breakfast) I was never invited to eat with them. Neither was I allowed to use the washing machine or cook my own food.

I can't put all my financial woes on my family. I have never been able to really budget and I assume just like my life back at home, I spent way to much money on eating out at great restaurants then choosing my cuisine with economic importance. Add to this the fact that I had a great two days in probably the most expensive place in Italy, Capri Island, I am now broke for the remainder of my stay. So my plan to go to visit friends in Paris and London are now shot. I don't have enough money to get there and have money to maintain living there so my only choice really is to stay in Sorrento or go back home to work.

Now if I stay in Sorrento, where am I going to stay? If I stay with the Maresca's I would have to pay. Although it is probably a lot cheaper then staying in a hotel.... I really can only afford free at the moment. So Fabio offers that I can stay at his house for the next two weeks. Fabio has two rooms and is very close to the center of the town. He works during the night and sleeps during the day so this really gives me the chance to spend the majority of the time by myself if I wanted to.

I have figured everything out perfectly. I budgeted my money and had a place to stay for the next two weeks but today everything has completely changed. Fabio and I have gotten in an serious argument. Imagine how hard it is to get the opposite sex to understand you when you speak the same language, now throw in a serious language barrier... it's impossible situation. I have no tolerance for stupidity. Once I feel that you have done something without any logical thought, my respect for you is out the window. I then look at my account online and see that money has been withdrawn from my account that I never authorized plus a friend of mine deposited a big check I wrote her months ago. I'm completely broke with a place to stay that at the moment I'm not sure if it's the best situation for me.

I'm frustrated, depressed, and dissapointed in myself. I wasn't responsable enough with my money and now I have to return home a lot sooner then I am ready to. My self discovery journey is coming to an end alot sooner then I expected....In days from now I will be back in Los Angeles... in a job that leaves me uninspired, dealing with self doubt and chasing instant fame. I don't what to come back home but I really don't know what else to do...

No comments: